Thursday, August 03, 2006

Typical Swedish orchestra

Bo Kaspers Orkester

Typical Swedish orchestra

Bo Kaspers Orkester, a great mix between jazz and a bit of pop music.

Sweden is a small country with lot's of well known artists all over the world. Most famous is of course ABBA. I never really liked ABBA when they were a band recording all their hits. Nowadays I find it's ok to listen to them sometimes.

Bo Kaspers record titled Hittills (meaning: Up Until Now) is more like my style. Listening to it with it's everyday lyrics I feel good and relaxed. It's not ordinary love songs and it's not heavy social critisim. It's like everyday life is for most people. About parties you went to, trips you did, jobs you had and everything else. I also like the fact that they sing in Swedish, it feel's more original this way.

The band is top musicians with every knowledge of jazz there is to know and they combine it to their very own Bo Kasper sound. If you want to hear what good Swedish music sounds like this is one of many records I would truly recommend. I listen to it and enjoy very often.

No comments: